Re: Poll: personal convenience vs. global improvement of docs

On 2006-05-25, Derek Martin <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 03:40:02PM -0500, chrisisbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > > Have you tried grepmail and grepm?  grepmail will extract messages
> > > from a mailbox according to various criteria.  grepm does the same
> > > and in addition, opens mutt on the resulting temporary mailbox.
> > >
> > Mairix is even closer to what was wanted I think.
>
> These responses miss the point entirely, I think.
>
> Mutt does mail.  This feature is often requested.  It is a way in
> which mutt COULD suck less...  A third-party tool to do the job may
> well work, but it's still a separate tool with an interface not
> consistent with mutt's, which the user has to learn.  Mutt SHOULD do
> this, without the aid of other tools.

Sheesh!  Neither one of us said anything about whether mutt should
nor shouldn't do this.  We were simply trying to help someone solve
a problem with tools that are available now.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division