Re: chinese word becomes __, when save attachment file

 On Monday, May 15, 2006 at 18:13:53 +0200, Ye Fei wrote:

> thank you for your reply, the following is some relevant information

    Thanks for the infos. The second filename had invalid encoding 2047
(probably from Outlook) and thus needed $rfc2047_parameters=yes. Then I
confirm I could save both attachments OK, with all Mutt versions I
tried, namely 1.4, 1.5.9, 1.5.10, and 1.5.11

    Strange: Either I'm not impacted by the bug Anders pointed, or the
problem is different.

> locale

    There are conflicting charsets and useless settings. Could you try:

| $ unset LANGUAGE LC_CTYPE LC_NUMERIC LC_COLLATE LC_MONETARY LC_PAPER
| $ unset LC_NAME LC_ADDRESS LC_TELEPHONE LC_MEASUREMENT LC_IDENTIFICATION
| $ export LC_TIME=C

    Verify "locale charmap" prints "GBK", and "locale -a" lists
"zh_CN.GBK" as available.

> I also tried 'set create_rfc2047_parameters=yes', it still did not
> work.

    That's not surprising, given it only acts on attachments you *send*.
It permits you to send Chinese filenames to Outlook users, at the price
of a standard violation.

    Please keep list traffic on the list. The informations you gave
could have triggered a solution from someone else, and the whole
resolution process could help other people. There were no passwords nor
any sensitive informations: There is no valid reason to send this to me
privately.

Bye!    Alain.
--
How to Report Bugs Effectively