Re: slow to open mutt/ delete mails

Hi,

On 5/17/06, Rocco Rutte <pdmef@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Oh, you have. Just type ':set ?read_inc' in mutt and it should print 10
which is the default. That means that it updates the progress every 10
messages it reads/writes to the folder.

Thanks for the tips. I have applied it in my .muttrc with a value of
1500 which have increased the performance a great deal. Of course,
opening up a mailbox with 7~8k mails would take some time. I have just
loaded an mbox with 17,000 mails & it takes around 20 seconds to open.
But when I quite ("q") it starts "writing" messages which take around
20seconds. I guess a mailbox with 17,000 mails would simply crash in a
GUI-based MUA (eg. MSOE/ Eudora/ Evolution etc.)!

Is there any other tweak/ performance booster you recommend?

Thanks, again!