Re: slow to open mutt/ delete mails

Hi,

* atstake atstake [06-05-17 13:37:04 +1000] wrote:

My mutt is in mbox format and it takes time to open up my mailboxes.
It also takes a lot of time for mutt to sync the mailbox after I
delete some mails.

Is it much faster in reading or writing? Because if reading is much much slower than writing, you could try to turn off scoring if it's turned on as this may have a great speed effect.

Also, in what stage is it slow? The first stage is reading the messages in where you see the percentage of progress. About that you can't do much (except scoring). You only could try some tuning for the next stage which is 'Sorting the mailbox'.

Oh, though it may sound really stupid: what's your value for $read_inc? I've bumped it to 1000 here. That can really make a difference since mutt needs to spend lots of time updating the visual progress feedback (for a smaller mbox mailbox with 3k mails, mutt needs 11 seconds to open with $read_inc=1 and only 5 with $read_inc=1000 and 16 vs. 6 for a 4k message maildir folder) :))

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!