Re: Very long folder paths with IMAP

* Iván Forcada Atienza <ivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-16-06 18:13]:
> I'm starting to use mutt at work, where we have a /very/ deep tree of
> IMAP folders. The problem arises when I want to list the subscribed
> ones using an (in example) 80 columns width terminal because I only
> see the first words of the path wich are almost the same in the first
> part for all the folders so it's not possible to distinguish between
> them.
>
> Is it possible to define a kind of aliases for some folders, or just
> hide a defined part of the full path?? This would solve the problem,
> but I haven't found the way so far :-(.

IIUC, it's called a "soft link", but this is available for *nix
systems and you didn't say what you are running.

ln -s /target/directory /link-name

ps: do not forget to include the <link-name> in your ~/.muttrc
    mailboxes  <link-name>

HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2