Re: 256 colors

Thus spake Alain Bench on Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 02:46:07PM +0200 or thereabouts:
<veronatif@xxxxxxx> [2006-05-03 18:41]:
> Hello,
>
>  On Sunday, April 30, 2006 at 4:36:27 -0400, cga2000 wrote:
>
> > I'm running mutt on an xterm with 256 colors enabled and I apparently
> > only have access to 16.
>
>     Mutt can make use of the 256 colors when informed by the terminfo
> entry that the terminal has them. Export TERM=xterm-256color and say
> "color202" is orange in Mutt.

Yes.. well you mentioned the fact that it's possible, I did  not have
to look very far. Just did a ':color status color60 color78' - or
whatever.. and it works just fine.

Just have to figure out what color16 to color233 actually are..

>     What's half broken are the "bright{colors}" symbolic color names.
> They really do bold or blinking dark color, instead of bright color.
> Granted, many terminals show bright when told bold or blink. But not
> all: Some show dark bold font, or start blinking. I believe it would be
> better if "brightred" gave "color9" on any terminals having 16 or more
> colors.

Works fine on the xterm-256color I am currently running. I *think* the
only thing I did to get this to work was specify:

   *VT100*colorBDMode: on

.. in my Xdefaults and xrdb -merge..

Or might there be issues with the terminfo entry for xterm-256color as
well?

> Just like Slrn does.

Yes, well glad he's not a troublemaker because that's the guy I have to
take a look at immediately I'm done with mutt.

Thanks much for pointing me in the right direction. Could have wasted a
lot of time over this without your help..!

cga