Re: 256 colors

Hello,

 On Sunday, April 30, 2006 at 4:36:27 -0400, cga2000 wrote:

> I'm running mutt on an xterm with 256 colors enabled and I apparently
> only have access to 16.

    Mutt can make use of the 256 colors when informed by the terminfo
entry that the terminal has them. Export TERM=xterm-256color and say
"color202" is orange in Mutt.

    What's half broken are the "bright{colors}" symbolic color names.
They really do bold or blinking dark color, instead of bright color.
Granted, many terminals show bright when told bold or blink. But not
all: Some show dark bold font, or start blinking. I believe it would be
better if "brightred" gave "color9" on any terminals having 16 or more
colors. Just like Slrn does.

Bye!    Alain.
--
How to Report Bugs Effectively