Web frontend?

Hallo all,

I'm using Mutt to be able to access my mail from various places. Mostly
I'm able to login using SSH on a usb key - this all works great since
all my mail is in one place.

However, on some PCs you cannot install SSH (eg, public internet) so web
access should be handy as well.

I have all my mail forwarded to gmail.com in the past until this mailbox
was full ;-) (The searching was great but I have some privacy concerns
externalizing my mail as well).

So my question is: is there a decent web frontend to Maildir that does
more or less what mutt does? Of course I don't need all functionality on
the web. The most important thing is that it uses the same folder base
so the unread/read markers and sent box are the same.

I have tried various solutions in the past, like IMP, sqwebmail etc.
Just wondering whether anyone has actual daily experience and could
advise me.

Thanks a lot,

John