From: owner-mutt-users@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-mutt-users@xxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Stephan Seitz
Sent: Wedney, May 03, 2006 10:27 AM
To: mutt-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: e-mail encoding/formatting

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 06:40:11PM -0400, Derek Martin wrote:
>For that reason I have always, and will always, fight against changes
>that deprecate or degrade older standards that are still in common

Good luck.

>usage.  Despite newer standards, Traditional PGP is still a standard,
>and it should remain supported.

There is an RFC for traditional PGP? And you can encrypt/decrypt
attachments as easily with mutt as you could it with PGP/MIME? And you
can use other encodings than ASCII for traditional PGP? Ah, I forgot,
you
like to force every people to use ASCII characters only.

>It's not a bug, and it's not a work-around.  It's legitimate, standard,

>and common functionality.

It's deprecated since the first PGP/MIME RFC in 1996 (this was for 10
years). I'm glad that mutt still can read it (more or less, those mails
are not quite readable here), but it should forbid to send it.

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@xxxxxx |