Re: e-mail encoding/formatting

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 01:13:39PM +0200, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 10:18:17PM -0400, Derek Martin wrote:
> >I /was/ going to say this:
> >
> >   As a matter of fact, I ONLY use PGP-MIME on this list.  If you can
> >   find my posts on other lists, you'll see that I use traditional
> >   PGP, for precisely that reason.
>
> *Sigh* This will help spreading software which can handle PGP/MIME very
> much. ;-(

I live in the real world, where I must be able to communicate and work
with real people.  It is not my job to prod people into using software
that they obviously don't want to use, whether I think it's better or
not.  It IS my job to be able to communicate effectively with a
diverse group of people, no matter what software they are using.

For that reason I have always, and will always, fight against changes
that deprecate or degrade older standards that are still in common
usage.  Despite newer standards, Traditional PGP is still a standard,
and it should remain supported.

> Why do people always chose to work around bugs for others, so that
> programmers of broken software don’t have to fix them?
> I mean, this is not a temporary workaround.

It's not a bug, and it's not a work-around.  It's legitimate,
standard, and common functionality.

-=-=-=-=-