Re: autoencrypt

Nicolas Rachinsky wrote:
> * James <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2006-04-01 22:57 -0500]:
>> When I set pgp_autoencrypt, mutt tries to encrypt messages to
>> recipients for whom I don't have keys.  Is there a function that tells
>> mutt "encrypt for this person if a key is available but otherwise send
>> cleartext"?
>
> AFAIK not in plain mutt. Some people create send-hooks from there
> key-listings. I wrote a patch to achieve this, but until now I have
> the impression that no one was interessted in it (nobody ever said
> anything about it; it's on my homepage, but I'm too lazy to look
> into the logs).

Well I like it.  I can't remember when I first got it, but it was
named patch-1.5.6.nr.crypt-autohook-ALPHA at the time.  I only
recently went from 1.5.6 to 1.5.11 and in doing so I poked around and
found that you'd updated the patch.  I have it applied here still and
find it useful.  I was formerly using some simplistic scripts to
automate this to the extent that I could.

So, here's an overdue thanks Nicolas.  +1 for making one less step I
have to take to send more encrypted mail. :)

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.