Re: Getting colour when using lynx to display HTML messages

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 04:21:27PM +0100, Toby wrote:
> Chris Green wrote:
> > what I have in my mailcap is now just:
> >     text/html; lynx -force_html -dump %s; copiousoutput
>
> Have you tried calling it from the shell?
>
>       lynx -force_html -dump test.html
>
> If it comes out uncolored then it's not Mutt's fault.

Absolutely right, I should have thought of that, it's the -dump that
stops lynx colouring it.  Thanks!

> My lynx manpage mentions -color as a way to force color mode on, but my
> lynx doesn't understand it.  Both are from the same Debian package.
> Your mileage may vary :)

I've been through all this bit already while getting lynx to work in
colour by itself.  The -color option is only available when lynx is
compiled with Slang, when compiled with ncurses it detects colour
availability all by itself (from the terminal capabilities) and -color
is not allowed.

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."