Re: Question about the sendmail_wait variable

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 04:28:50PM +0100, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:

> > It's not even that easy, what I'm actually doing is using a remote
> > sendmail through an ssh 'pipe'.  The problem is that I get no warning
> > when the ssh connection isn't working - like recently when the IP
> > address of the remote (sendmail) end changed and I forgot that my
> > muttrc file needed changing to match.  There can of course be other
> > reasons for the ssh to fail so it's a general requirement to avoid
> > losing mail, or at least to know it's not being sent.
> >

> I suspect that given such tricky requirements your best bet is to use
> sendmail_wait as 0.

Trouble is that I get bored with waiting for the time it takes to fire
up ssh and actually send the mail, that's why I moved to setting
sendmail_wait.

What would be really nice would be a way to keep the link to the
remote sendmail open all the time that mutt is running rather than
having to start it up and stop it for each individual mail.

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."