Re: Mark messages in mailbox as read without massive performance hit?!

* Arias Hung <arias@xxxxxxxxx> [2005-12-28 23:12 -0800]:
> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Kyle Wheeler delivered in simple text monotype:
>
> >The change, using a pattern of ~U, makes it only touch those few messages
> >that are unread, rather than having to touch every message.
> <---snip--->
>
> Fantastic suggestion!  I like the efficiency factor.

Strange. I tried to mark the mails of a 54315 mail folder replied with
time mutt -f=TMP.d -e "push
'<tag-pattern>.*<enter><tag-prefix><set-flag>r<quit>'"
the first time (nearly no alreay replied mails) it 12 seconds, the
second time it took 6s. When I leave out the <tag-prefix><set-flag>r
it also takes about 6s.

Can you show us the value of $simple_search? I think it is used with
<tag-pattern>.*.

Nicolas

--
http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas