Re: Mark messages in mailbox as read without massive performance hit?!

* Arias Hung <arias@xxxxxxxxx> [2005-12-28 16:39 -0800]:
> I'm currently using the following macro:
>
> macro index               M
> "<tag-pattern>.*\r<tag-prefix><clear-flag>N<untag-pattern>.*\r" "Mark all
> messages in this mailbox as read"
>
> in order to mark all messages in a particular mailbox as read, however also
> using Maildir format results in a rather horrific performance hit should
> the mailbox contain more than even fifty or so messages.
>

> Does anyone have a more fluid quickfix that would be kind enough to post?

Which part is the slow one? Does replacing '<tag-pattern>.*\r' by
'<tag-pattern>.\r' help (and the same for <untag-pattern>)? I think
the first one uses $simple_search, while the second one shouldn't.

Nicolas

--
http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas