Re: mutt and smtp - status remains "Sending mail" but nothing is

On 2005-12-09, Bram Mertens wrote:
[snip]
> I know, I was just hoping to see something in the log that would help me
> figure this out...
>
> Mutt is having trouble finding my "$record" folder and apparantly can't
> create it.  Could it be that mutt is trying to create some (temporary)
> files below "$folder" and is failing on that?
>
> I'll try to fix this today, if it changes anything I'll post an update.

That was it!  Somehow I ended up with two definitions for $record and
$postponed and the last definiton was invalid.

Apparantely mutt can't send mail when $record is defined but not
writable.

It askied me to create the folder each time but no matter what I
answered the message wasn't delivered.

At the moment I got it working with exim4 following the instructions
from http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~lativyn/articles/debian-mutt/.

I still have to figure out how to use multiple accounts with this setup
but it looks like I'll be dumping thunderbird in the near future!

Thanks for the feedback!

Bram Mertens

p.s. Needless to say this message is sent with mutt!