Re: mutt and smtp - status remains "Sending mail" but nothing is sent

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 12:03:09AM +0100, Bram Mertens wrote:
> I have been trying to configure msmtp, esmtp and even exim4 on my debian
> (testing) machine but the status bar keeps displaying "Sending mail..."
> but nothing is transmitted.

msmtp(1) works for me on OpenBSD with mutt 1.5.9i.

[snip]
> my ~/.msmtprc file looks like:
> defaults
> logfile ~/.msmtp.log

Do you see any errors in the log file? Even when run from mutt,
msmtp should generate errors if the sending fails. Also, what errors
do you see in mutt when sending fails?

> account telenet
> host smtp.my_isp.be
> from bram-mertens_AT_linux.be

> account default : telenet

Do you need to add a password for this account?

> and my ~/.muttrc like:
> # Options for sending mail
> set sendmail="/usr/bin/msmtp -d"
> set edit_headers=yes
> set use_from=yes
> set realname="Mertens Bram"
> set from=bram-mertens_AT_linux.be
> set envelope_from=yes

Looks good to me, although you'll eventually want to get rid of the
'-d' on the 'set sendmail'. All my settings are similar to yours.

--

| jabber:..wcmaier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | email:..........wcmaier@xxxxxxx |