Re: Two manipulations I do a lot

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 06:44:27PM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
[quoting from another message when you're already replying]
> One other possibility presents itself:
>
> 1. Save the message you're already composing to a temporary file.

After thinking about it, on those occasions when I find I've forgotten
to include a message I wanted to quote from, I usually just copy the
passage I've written up to that point, and then continue as before:

> 2. quit the message.
> 4. re-insert the message you were already working on in the
>    appropriate place...

I think this is slightly easier than using a temporary file.  Since
your editor has already formatted the portion you've copied similarly
to the way it will appear in the new message, there's no need to worry
about the usual copy-paste reformatting problems...

-=-=-=-=-