Re: Two manipulations I do a lot

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 03:16:46PM -0500, Jean-Rene David wrote:
> > tag the two pertinent messages (t), then key
> > ";", to perform an action on the tagged
> > messages, and 'r' for reply.
>
> This is actually a good idea.
>
> However it assumes I know which two message I want
> to quote from before I begin replying. This
> usually isn't the case.

I do this quite often...  I find this to be the best way to accomplish
what you're asking about.  The only other advice I can offer is, think
about what you want to say before you start replying...  It may be
that planning your response before you start it will elucidate what
other message(s) you want to quote from.

One other possibility presents itself:

1. Save the message you're already composing to a temporary file.
2. quit the message.
4. re-insert the message you were already working on in the
   appropriate place...

HTH

-=-=-=-=-