Re: New mail indicator

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 04:45:45PM +0200, Daniel Hertrich wrote:
> I'm speaking of the new mail indicator of the _mailboxes_ here.
> Even if there are "N"-marked messages in a mailbox, the "N" of the
> _mailbox_ is not set anymore if I leave the mailbox but did not
> read all "N"ew messages (which remain "N"-marked).

I see -- I have experience *that* problem (now that I understand
what you're asking). I wasn't able to resolve it, really, although
switching to Maildir seemed to do the trick. Fortunately, that fit
well with other changes to that server, so it wasn't a problem to
migrate. I don't know about your environment, and I understand that
changing formats isn't always trivial. Still, if you have no special
reason for using mbox, you might consider Maildir.

--

| jabber:..wcmaier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | email:..........wcmaier@xxxxxxx |