Re: New mail indicator

Hello Will,

> Look at the 'mark_old' option:
>
> |   set nomarkold
>
> That will prevent mutt from changing the New status of messages
> until you actually read them (or change the status yourself).
> Therefore, unread messages remain new even if you've visited their
> folder.

Well, the new mail indicator of the _messages_ is not the problem. I have
set this already.
I'm speaking of the new mail indicator of the _mailboxes_ here.
Even if there are "N"-marked messages in a mailbox, the "N" of the _mailbox_
is not set anymore if I leave the mailbox but did not read all "N"ew
messages (which remain "N"-marked).

> I am unsure as to why this happens -- I've never experienced that
> behavior. What format is your mail stored in? Mbox? Maildir?

mbox. I had a problem that the new mail indocator for mbox files did not
work at all, when I had these files on vfat (there are no two different date
fileds to compare in vfat). Now I have them on ext2 and it basically works.
But I still have the problems decribed in my last mail.

thanks

daniel

--
Dipl.-Ing. Daniel Hertrich