Re: How to get started?

Will Maier <willmaier@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > After that there is a little configuration to do in /etc/Muttrc
>
> Ideally, changes should be made to the *user's* muttrc and not the
> system-wide file. Even if you don't have other folks on your box, it's a
> good idea to put user-related things in user-related files.

Note that it makes good sense to put some changes in the system-wide
/etc/Muttrc; for instance, my systems use Maildirs and deliver mail to
$USER/Maildir/ by default instead of /var/spool/mail/$USER mbox files, so
I put

  set mbox="~/Maildir/"
  set mbox_type="Maildir"
  set spoolfile="~/Maildir/"

in the system-wide /etc/Muttrc.  My users thank me for it.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:               http://pyropus.ca/software/