Re: How to get started?

On Friday,  5 August, 2005 at 13:03 -0400, Rajiv Vyas wrote:
> I read some of the mans but the key question is how do I get started?
> I have mutt installed by defauly in my ubuntu but how do I configure
> to receive emails from my comcast or Gmail? Also, what additional
> packages do I need? I have read that I also need fetchmail and exim.

I do not use fetchmail nor exim but postfix with mutt.  But I am on Mandrake
system, not Ubuntu.  Don't know if that makes any difference.

Postfix was not very hard to set up.  After that there is a little
configuration to do in /etc/Muttrc

Again, being on Mandrake (rpm-based system) rather than Ubuntu
(debian-based) may make what I said totally wrong.  I will find out in
the next month or two when my Ubuntu discs arrive.  :)

joolie