Re: pop3 config question to avoid duplicate messages

Will Maier <willmaier@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 09:20:56AM -0400, Laran Evans wrote:
> > The thing is, I don't want my MDA to even download duplicates. If I had
> > 100 messages in my inbox (which I don't thankfully) it would be silly to
> > download them all every time and then sort them out locally.
>
> This is, as far as I know, technically infeasible. How can you track
> duplicates without comparing messages?

You can't.  If, for some reason, you must not download duplicate messages, you
have to find a mailhost that allows you to run maildrop/procmail/etc on your
incoming mail /on the server/ and eliminate the duplicates there.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:               http://pyropus.ca/software/