Re: w3m can't show html mail with charset: gb2312

 On Wednesday, July 20, 2005 at 8:11:29 PM +0800, Haizi Zheng wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 06:30:28PM +0800, bxuefeng wrote:
>>| charset-hook .* gb2312
>>| charset-hook !utf-8 gb2312
> you let all the non-unicode charset to be gb2312

    I don't think doing this is sensible at all. But if it was, I'd do
it like that:

| charset-hook ^utf-8$ utf-8
| charset-hook .* gb2312

> the charset-hook only take effect on the body.

    More exactly charset-hooks affect MIME bodies and RFC 2047 encoded
headers. They don't affect non-MIME bodies nor raw headers, which are by
default displayed as-is unconverted to screen, in pass-thru mode.

> Maybe there are some ways to indicate a default charset for the
> subject, similar to the `charset-hook' command?

| unset strict_mime
| set assumed_charset="gb2312"

    This patch exists in Debian Sarge, and affects non-MIME bodies, raw
headers, and MIME bodies without charset label (implicit US-Ascii). The
later case is also affected by "charset-hook ^us-ascii$ blah".

Bye!    Alain.