Re: w3m can't show html mail with charset: gb2312

On 15:20 Wed 20 Jul     , Haizi Zheng wrote:
> This one told mutt and many other mail client softwares that the subject
> is gb18030 encoded, so they now know how to display them.
>
> But if the subject is plain, mutt has no idea about what coding system should
> be applied on, so it will use the default setting.

Now the issue is: how can we tell mutt or force mutt to display in the
encodings we set?

> Here's a summary:
>
> 1. The subject line is plain by mistake, so mutt doesn't know which coding
> system should be applied on it.

How to make it know which encoding to use by default? Because we can't force
those stupid (perhaps lazy) mail server admins to change it.

> 2. The body is gb2312 encoded, which may be different from that applied on the
> subject. Since the subject is plain, so it becomes really hard to display them
> simutaneously.

Agree. If the body is in html format, then the task belongs to w3m which as I
mentioned in previous messages can be solved by adding -I paramater.

Now, for Subject and plain body, it is mutt's task to display them correctly.
The problem is how to set them?

In my muttrc, I set:

charset-hook .* gb2312
charset-hook !utf-8 gb2312