Re: hook on entering Attachment-View ?

Am 2005-04-02 23:06:16, schrieb Gary Johnson:

> What I'm trying to explain is that you don't need two mailcap files
> to achieve this result.  Let's consider your entries for audio/mpeg.
> From /home/michelle.konzack/.tdfileview/mailcap:
>
>     audio/mpeg; tdfileview --color %s; copiousoutput
>
> From /home/michelle.konzack/.mailcap:
>
>     audio/mpeg; mplayer %s;            description=; nametemplate=%s.mpg
>
> You can put these two entries in one mailcap file as long as you put
> the entry with the copiousoutput field last, e.g.,
>
>     audio/mpeg; mplayer %s;            description=; nametemplate=%s.mpg
>     audio/mpeg; tdfileview --color %s; copiousoutput

I have found the error...
I have experimented with the mailcap and "dh_installmime"...

Argh!!!!

They is an old "/usr/lib/mime/packages/tdfileview"
laying around with very high priority !!!

> Mutt will use the absence of the copiousoutput field to select the
> first entry as the one to use for viewing attachments from the
> attachment menu ("attachment-view").  Mutt will use the presence of
> the copiousoutput field to select the second entry as the one to use
> for automatically viewing attachments within the pager.

Now it works...
Normaly I am developing such things on an other Computer...
But since one year I use my Workststion partialy to develop things.

Strange results may happen...

> Would you mind posting your tdfileview script here or to a web site?
> I would be interested in seeing how you handle certain types of
> attachments, such as application/ms-tnef.

The problem curently is, If I receive a <application/ms-tnef> the
"winmail.dat" does not work... even on the commandline.  I can see
in a HEX-Editor there are files inside, 'tnef' does not extract it.

Any hints how to extract stuff from a "winmail.dat" ?

The manpage told me:

    tnef --file=$1 --directory=/tmp/tnef-$LOGNAME

but it does not work.  I am using

  __( command 'apt-cache policy tnef' )_________________________________
 /
| tnef:
|   Installed: 1.1.4-0.backports.org.1
|   Candidate: 1.1.4-0.backports.org.1
|   Version Table:
|  *** 1.1.4-0.backports.org.1 0
|         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
|      1.1.1-0.1 0
|         700 ftp://ftp.de.debian.org woody/main Packages
 \______________________________________________________________________

I can not continue making a TNEF viewer if I can not extract files...
Even if I use 'tnef winmail.dat' it give me nothing back

Normaly 'tnef' works for 'mutt' with:

application/ms-tnef;    tnef -w %s
application/ms-tnef;    tdfileview --collor %s; copiousoutput

But tnef had never shown me resultats.

So I assume, that M$ had changed something to prevent extraction
of data from the "winmail.dat" from other OS as Wxxxxxx.

I have a small example attached.

> Gary

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi