Re: hook on entering Attachment-View ?

On 2005-04-02, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> I have coded a BASH script which show me attachmens inside mutt,
> which can not normaly viewed, e.g. mp3, tnef, gzip, bzip2, tar, ...
>
> Now I use in 'mutt' as default
>
>        set mailcap_path="~/.tdfileview/mailcap"
>
> but if I enter the attachmentview I want to set it to
>
>        set mailcap_path="~.mailcap:/etc/mailcap"
>
> How can I do this ?

If I understand the problem correctly, the solution is to use the
copiousoutput field to distinguish the rules you want applied to
in-line autoviewing of attachments from those rules you want applied
in the attachment view/menu.  This is discussed in the mutt manual.
I know this can be done with all the rules in one mailcap file; it
seems to me that it could also be done by putting a mailcap file
with all the copiousoutput rules last in the mailcap_path.

You might also take a look at this web page which discusses using
different display programs for in-line viewing vs. attachment-menu
viewing of attachments.

    http://www.spocom.com/users/gjohnson/mutt/

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division