Re: sending mail from a dynamic IP address

Am Mittwoch, den 23.03.2005, 14:16 -0500 schrieb Richard Cobbe:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 05:42:34PM +0100, Marcus Franke wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 23.03.2005, 09:41 -0700 schrieb Chris Brotherton:
> >
> > > I believe sendmail is the mta on redhat 9.  Take a look at the sendmail
> > > docs
> > > and look for "smart host".
> > >
> > > Also, these websites are really useful for learning about sendmail:
> > >

> > needed Option is:
> >
> > define(`SMART_HOST', `mail.relay.server')
>
> It's been quite a long time since I've used either Sendmail or RedHat,
> but I vaguely remember that when I was in this situation, I needed to
> enable envelope masquerading as well.  (I don't remember the specific
> option, but I think a Google search should provide the details.)

You mean you define in your muttrc set envelope_from option?
And sendmail complains about this with an X-Authentication-Header
Warning because you changed the original sender?

This is your .mc file:
define(`confTRUSTED_USERS',`marcus')

Or in your .cf file look for T macro:
Tmarcus is the result of the above line.

Bye,
Marcus