Re: sgmltools on Solaris? (or Window 2k)

On Mar 23, Mun Johl [mun_johl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Thanks very much for the detailed response.  It was very helpful.
>
> I'm still having a problem creating the manual.txt file because my
> Solaris box can't find 'linuxdoc'; which is called by the Makefile (I'm
> kind of curious about that... ).  But since I can now create an HTML
> manual, at least I can access the information I need.

linuxdoc replaced the dead sgml-tools.  It provides the same tools for the
linuxdoc DTD.

You may or may not be able to change the Makefile to call sgml2txt instead
of linuxdoc (the parameters will be different).

By the way, has anyone experienced issues with running make update-doc on a
Bash 3 box?  I'm getting sh errors using either mutt-cvs w/linuxdoc -B txt
or mutt-1.4.x w/sgml2txt, I assume it's a Bash version thing because it
works fine on a Bash 2.x box with the same linuxdoc/sgml-tools.