Re: sgmltools on Solaris? (or Window 2k)

from my sgml-tools docu (compiled under SunOS 4.1.4 3 sun4c):

  2.  Installation

  Get sgml-tools-0.99.9.tar.gz from one of the following ftp sites:

  o  ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/utils/text/sgml-tools-0.99.0.tar.gz

  You can also get uptodate information from the SGML-Tools WWW Page
  <http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/linuxdoc-sgml/>.

  The file sgml-tools-0.99.0.tar.gz contains everything that you need to
  write SGML documents and convert them to groff, LaTeX, HTML, GNU info,
  LyX, and RTF.  In addition to this package, you will need the
  following tools - these are not required by the SGML system, but I
  suggest that you get them in order to format your documents and verify
  that they look all right before distributing them.

  1. groff.  You need version 1.08 or greater.  You can get this from
     ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu.  There is a Linux binary version on
     ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/utils/text as well.  You will need
     groff to produce plain text from your SGML documents.  nroff will
     not work!

  2. TeX and LaTeX.  This is available more or less everywhere; you
     should have no problem getting it and installing it (there is a
     Linux binary distribution on sunsite.unc.edu).  Of course, you only
     need TeX/LaTeX if you want to format your SGML documents with
     LaTeX.  So, installing TeX/LaTeX is optional.

  3. flex.  lex will probably not work.  You can get this from
     ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu.

  4. gawk and the GNU info tools, for formatting and viewing info files.
     These are also available on ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu, or on
     ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/utils/text (for gawk) and
     ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Manual-pagers (for GNU info
     tools).  awk will not work.

  5. LyX (a quasi-WYSIWYG interface to LaTeX, with SGML layouts), is
     available on ftp://ftp.via.ecp.fr.