Re: sending mail from a dynamic IP address

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 05:42:34PM +0100, Marcus Franke wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 23.03.2005, 09:41 -0700 schrieb Chris Brotherton:
>
> > I believe sendmail is the mta on redhat 9.  Take a look at the sendmail docs
> > and look for "smart host".
> >
> > Also, these websites are really useful for learning about sendmail:
> >

> needed Option is:
>
> define(`SMART_HOST', `mail.relay.server')

It's been quite a long time since I've used either Sendmail or RedHat,
but I vaguely remember that when I was in this situation, I needed to
enable envelope masquerading as well.  (I don't remember the specific
option, but I think a Google search should provide the details.)

Richard