Re: Colouring threads and splitting the screen

* Fernan Aguero <fernan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-11-19 15:14]:
> | > the mails are colored depending on the From/To/Cc headers, that's all.
> | >
> | >   # private
> | >   color index brightblue   black '~f @jhweiss.de'
> | >   color index brightblue   black '~C @jhweiss.de'
> | >
> | >   # mutt-users
> | >   color index brightyellow black '~f mutt-users@'
> | >   color index brightyellow black '~C mutt-users@'
> |
> | But how i make it (IMHO it must gone) that each second thread colored
> | differently.
>
> I think (but it's just a guess) that it's just a coincidence
> that every other thread is colored differently. But the
> author of the screenshot should confirm this :)
>
> If you receive all mailing lists in the same mailbox, and
> you have set coloring rules in your muttrc as shown above
> (based on the To, Cc or whichever pattern mutt can
> recognize), then it is possible that mails sent to different
> mailing lists are shown in different colors.

Exactly :-)

My procmail puts a copy of _all_ incoming mail into the same mailbox
(and another copy into various mailboxes for archiving). So, I normally
just use one mailbox for reading new mail and therefore use the colors
to easily recognize whether a mail or thread is private, work related,
from some mailing list, whatever.

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE