Re: Colouring threads and splitting the screen

+----[ Nico Jochens <nico@xxxxxxxxx> (19.Nov.2004 14:37):

| > >  coloring by thread in not available in unpatched mutt.  I cannot read
| > > German, but I believe that the png does not display what you think.
| >
| > True, the mails are colored depending on the From/To/Cc headers, that's all.
| >
| >     # private
| >     color index brightblue   black '~f @jhweiss.de'
| >     color index brightblue   black '~C @jhweiss.de'
| >
| >     # mutt-users
| >     color index brightyellow black '~f mutt-users@'
| >     color index brightyellow black '~C mutt-users@'
|
| But how i make it (IMHO it must gone) that each second thread colored
| differently.

+----]

Nico,

I think (but it's just a guess) that it's just a coincidence
that every other thread is colored differently. But the
author of the screenshot should confirm this :)

If you receive all mailing lists in the same mailbox, and
you have set coloring rules in your muttrc as shown above
(based on the To, Cc or whichever pattern mutt can
recognize), then it is possible that mails sent to different
mailing lists are shown in different colors.

I just think that this is the case because:
i) some mailing lists like to start the subject line with a
mailing list identificator in square brackets.
ii) if you pay attention to the screenshot, then it seems
that some messages are sent to the following mailing lists:
[WICHTIG]
[Hefe]
[mirror]
[Emirror-List]
[tebeberlin]
[GNU]
[FTP]

So, if it just so happens that they arrive to your mailbox in an
alternating manner ... then you just navigate to that
portion of your index, and take a screenshot :)

Fernan

--
Fernán Agüero | Instituto de Investigaciones Biotecnológicas
email         | fernan at { iib.unsam.edu.ar , mail.retina.ar }