Re: inline vs smime encryption

On Wednesday, November 17 at 04:56 PM, quoth Alec Berryman:
> > Further, though I have successfully encrypted via mutt (1)I cannot
> > read the result except via kmail; (2)no copy encrypted to me is sent
> > to sent-mail unless I am the recipient.  What gives?  How can this
> > be fixed?  I don't seem to find any help regarding the command
> > structure.
>
> Mutt won't recognize inline encryption - besides kmail, the only other
> popular mail client I know of that will is Thunderbird (with
> Enigmail).  I think you'll find that if you manually run gpg on the
> encrypted text that is 'only readable by kmail' you'll indeed be able
> to read it.

Both pine and Apple's Mail.app (with the GPGMail plugin) recognize it,
and I'm fairly certain that Eudora, with the PGP Corp's plugin, will as
well. pine, in fact, cannot read any other form of encrypted email due
to the limitations of it's architecture (mail parts are seen as entirely
unrelated, and can only be filtered through something, similar to mutt's
autoview capability). From what I've seen, most of the procmail methods
of converting one form into the other are stem from pine users trying to
read the kind of mail that the mutt folks send.

~Kyle
--
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the
President.