Re: saved messages appear as "new"

On Wednesday, November 17 at 12:57 PM, quoth Christoph Ludwig:
> We have the Cyrus-IMAP server installed. Very recently I moved all my mail
> from mboxes in the home directory to the IMAP server. I use mutt compiled from
> last week's CVS with the header cache patch, the threadcomplete patch and the
> smime encrypt self patch.
>
> After I read a message in my INBOX I typically save if in another
> folder (say, folder A). Since the switch to IMAP the copy of the mail in A is
> marked as "new" even though it was already read. Is there any way to configure
> mutt so it sets the flags of saved messages in the destination folder to the
> values they had in the source folder? (That's the behaviour I saw with my mbox
> mail archive.)
>
> I grepped through TFM and tried google, but either the info is not there or I
> searched for the wrong words...

I have the same problem (although I use BincIMAP). It's a problem with
the imap implementation in mutt, and unfortunately the people who know
enough to fix it don't seem to care. It was filed as a bug via Debian
two years ago (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=163616)
which was then forwarded to the Mutt developers, but, as I said, they
don't seem to care.

~Kyle
--
Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
-- George Bernard Shaw