Re: saved messages appear as "new"

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 04:46:54PM +0100, Nicolas Rachinsky wrote:
> * Christoph Ludwig <cludwig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-11-17 12:57
> +0100]:
> > marked as "new" even though it was already read. Is there any way to
> > configure
> > mutt so it sets the flags of saved messages in the destination folder to the
> > values they had in the source folder? (That's the behaviour I saw with my
> > mbox
> > mail archive.)
>
> IIRC you have to <sync-mailbox> ('$') before moving the mail. But I do
> not use IMAP, I've just seen that on this list.

Thanks, that fixes it for the most part.

The only remaining nuisance is that after I saved messages mutt still thinks
the destination folder contains new messages. I.e., when I press `c', mutt
offers the destination folder even though there is no unread message in the
folder. But I guess I can live with that for the time being.

Thanks again

Christoph
--
http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/TI/Mitarbeiter/cludwig.html