Re: [newbie?] failure copying messages

On 2004-11-17 11:14 +0100, debrugh@xxxxxx wrote:
> Maybe this is a terrible newbie question, and I should read the f
> manual,

I believe that may be beneficial.

> not appended, but some are. Like when I try to move all email from this
> mailing list (the only one I'm subscribed to here at work) I do: T ~l C
> =mutt. Then I look into =mutt, and only one or two messages are
> actually appended (I also checked the file with vi, they're really not

This tags all messages to any known mailing list (strictly, that would
take "T~l<enter>", but I assume you just left the enter part out) and
then copies the currently selected one to the folder `=mutt', again
provided that you confirm it with Enter. All in all, this is probably
not what you want.

In essence, Mutt is most likely behaving exactly as it should. Look at
tag-prefix.

--
Michael Kjörling, michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx - http://michael.kjorling.com/
OpenPGP Fingerprint: 3723 9372 c245 d6a8 18a6 36ac  758F8749 BDE9ADA6