Re: mutt on an xterm with more colors?

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Fernan Aguero wrote:

> Regarding the addition of more colors to ncurses, I think
> it's a great idea, though I'm not sure how many people are
> actually asking for it. I'm a terminal fan ... except for

Probably not many people are requesting it - it's something that I noticed
that I'd overlooked when implementing ncursesw regarding the way the color
coding is stored.  The enhanced calls pass are designed to pass the color
value separately from the video attributes - and a few years ago, there
weren't other implementations to compare what the intent of that was.
(Now there are - and oddly enough some implement the extra bits but don't
use it ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net