Re: Open html email in Safari

* On 2004.11.01, in <20041101164512.GB1064@xxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Nik Engel" <mutt-users@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
> I am using mutt on OSX and I wonder if it is possible to open html
> emails in Safari? Is anybody doing this? Any ideas ?

You'll need a suitable ~/.mailcap entry. I haven't tried this, but I
suspect you can work out a solution along these lines:

text/html: opensafari.sh %s

where opensafari.sh looks something lile:

#!/bin/sh
ln "$1" "$1.copy.html"          # retain the html file; mutt removes it on rtn
( open -a Safari "$1.copy.html";   # message Safari to open this file
  sleep 30;                        # wait for Safari to get things together
  rm -f "$1.copy.html";            # remove the copy; mutt will remove original
) &                             # all in the background, so mutt regains ctl.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                  NSIT::ENSS