Re: FAQ?

Hi,

At  1:47 PM PDT on October 25 Catrin sent off:

www.mutt.org is a good place to start.

> I am relatively new to Linux, though have been learning a lot recently.
> I run Debian. I have fetchmail already set up, am trying to decide if
> ssmtp or exim is a better choice this early in the game.

I have not tried sstmp, but I believe both work.  Debian comes with exim,
but the installation process (or dpkg-reconfigure) doesn't really set
_everything_ up - it just looks like it.  Once I realized that, googling
"Debian exim smarthost" and a poke in /etc/exim4 was enough to get mail
running.

Good luck,

--
The fact that "Dr." Phil has the number 1 cookbook on Amazon.com makes me want
to end it all.  - Alton Brown in his blog, May 27, 2004