Re: cleaning up oincoming headers

On 2004-09-01, Donald Raikes <don@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am fairly new to mutt (just since Monday this week).
>
> So far I like it, but there is one annoyance which I am sure can be cleaned
> up.
>
> When I edit a message I have received, I have a ton of lines in the header
> that start with "Received:"
> Even if I have ignore Received:, these headers still appear.

Do the Received: headers appear just when you edit a message, or
also when you display it?  I don't use 'unignore' but have several
'ignore' lines in my muttrc including this one

    ignore Received:

all of which work just fine.  Make sure the variable 'weed' is set,
as it is by default.  There's no reason you should have to do
anything with external programs to fix this--a proper mutt
configuration should give you what you want.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division