Re: problem with external programs

[Please reply only to the list, I read it.]

* "F. Heitkamp" <heitkamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-08-21 18:47 -0400]:
> >>When I run mutt invoking vim I get.
> >>Error executing "/usr/bin/vim '/tmp/mutt-pc1-24854-1'": No such file or
> >>directory
> >
> >execl() failed with "No such file or directory", I think that means
> >that EXECSHELL does not exist. What shows ls -l EXECSHELL?

What is EXECSHELL in your mutt? If nobody has patched this, it should
be /bin/sh. And your execl() seems to fail because this is missing.

Does /bin/sh exist, and is it executable?

I think you should try first with an unpatched mutt, there are 'some'
people using it, and you are the first complaining about such
problems.

Nicolas (still tired)