Re: problem with external programs

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Nicolas Rachinsky wrote:

* "F. Heitkamp" <heitkamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-08-21 16:04 -0400]:
happening is that the temporary file (tempfile) is getting deleted before
the external program can use it or the tempfile name is incorrect. For
example the tempfile is "mutt-pc1-24395-68" but the external program wants
"mutt-pc1-24395-69".

Please show us, how you discovered this.

You can tell that I mostly use pine. However Pine has a few shortcomings and I wanted to try Mutt again. I started playing around with mutt trying to get it to read html, by mucking around with the mailcap file, because I get a few of those html. It was then I started playing with .muttrc and finding these problems.

You should tell us, what version of mutt your using, what patches you
have applied and a diff instead of this fragment would be much more
useful -- except you want everybody who does not know _mutt_system by
heart to look it up.

I am using the mutt-1.4.2i. I have attached the patch. I am new at this but I hope the patch is OK.

Here is the configure as well.

./configure \
        --prefix=/usr/local     \
        --sysconfdir=/etc       \
        --localstatedir=/var    \
        --infodir=/usr/share/info       \
        --mandir=/usr/share/man \
        --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
        --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib    \
        --enable-pgp    \
        --with-curses   \
        --with-mailpath=/var/spool/mail \
        --enable-pop    \
        --enable-imap   \
        --with-ssl  \
        --enable-debug \
        --with-exec-shell=bash

When I run mutt invoking vim I get.
Error executing "/usr/bin/vim '/tmp/mutt-pc1-24854-1'": No such file or
directory

execl() failed with "No such file or directory", I think that means
that EXECSHELL does not exist. What shows ls -l EXECSHELL?

Nicolas (who should have gone to bed some hours ago)
Hehe.