Re: Beep on new mail

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 09:24:26AM +0200, Andre Bonhote wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 08:38:20AM +0200, Niklas Morberg wrote:
> > One example of the helpfullness of the gnus people is that they never
> > say "RTFM". They say _how_ to read it and find the answer to the posted
> > question. This helps the user to find the answer himself the next time.
>
>  There's a FAQ, there's a WIKI, there's the full doc (which is great),
>  what else would you need?

What you would need is the help to find it. There was one exemplary
answer to the OP which told him to "Press F1, hit '/' and enter 'beep',
read the documentation, hit 'n' if it didn't help".

That's the way to answer a question. Telling someone to RTFM is not
helpful, only rude. Since there apparantly are friendly people here,
it's better to let them answer instead of offending the newcomer and
scaring him off to some other MUA (gasp!).

And with that, I will also re-enter the lurk state.

Later,
Niklas