Re: Beep on new mail

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 05:07:03PM +0200, Andre Bonhote wrote:
> Awaking from my lurker state ...

I'm glad you did, I appreciate your post.

I've been using gnus for a couple of years, but recently switched to
mutt. Although I like mutt a lot, I so miss the friendly gnus people and
their helpful attitude.  This list seems to be full of know-it-alls who
jump at the opportunity to belittle new users.

One example of the helpfullness of the gnus people is that they never
say "RTFM". They say _how_ to read it and find the answer to the posted
question. This helps the user to find the answer himself the next time.

I hope that people on this list could either be helpful or shut up.

Niklas