Re: Beep on new mail

On Thursday 19 August at  2:38am, Niklas Morberg had this to say:

> This list seems to be full of know-it-alls who
> jump at the opportunity to belittle new users.

Aw, c'mon, it's kind of entertaining, isn't it?  What I think is funny
is when somebody asks whether Mutt can do something, and the answer is
always "use a hook" or "use a macro," making one feel especially dumb
for not being able to intuit the awesome power of 'hooks' and 'macros'
without any guidance.

Gruff as all the 'RTFineM' stuff may seem, I can't recall seeing
anybody go away without an answer that solved their problem, except
those rare instances where 'Mutt cannot do what you ask.'

--

Matthew M Davis
<mmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>