Re: Usage: set variable=yes|no ???

[I *really* need to get some sleep. The list admin will be delighted to
see a copy of this mail sent to the list by a non-suscriber called
"Adeodato Simó <yes|no>". David already answered, but I'm resending to
teach everybody the nasty effects of not sleeping.]

* Michael D Schleif [Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:12:12 -0500]:

> The easiest way to replicate this on demand is to type `m' to compose,
> enter the To: and Subject: information, and press [Enter], then the
> following message appears in the bottom status line:

>     Usage: set variable=yes|no

> Very briefly.  Then, it disappears when the editor presents the compose
> screen, where I am at now.  My problem is, I *do not* understand _which_
> variable it is complaining about!  How can I determine this?

> Is that clearer?

  yes, thanks. there is probably a bogus 'set' command in your ~/.muttrc
  (perhaps in a send-hook?).

  kind of: set use_from=nope, and then mutt shows that error ("Usage:
  set variable=yes|no").

  look for it in your ~/.muttrc and, if you can't find it, send it or
  something.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

DEBIAN: DEvelopment Belongs to Interlinked and Active Networks