Usage: set variable=yes|no ???

I just upgraded this Debian workstation to:

    Mutt 1.5.6+20040803i (CVS)
    (1.5.6-20040803+1 in Debianese)

Now, whenever I go to compose an email message, I enter To: and Subject:
and press [Enter], as always.

However, briefly, I get the subject message, and then the compose screen
-- in which I am composing this very message -- comes up, and everything
appears to function correctly.

Yes, I know that a lot of stuff has changed since v1.5.5..., from which
I upgraded.  In fact, prior to the upgrade, the Debian maintainer had me
read this:

        In this release the alternates, lists, and subscribe configuration
        variables have been turned into regular expression lists.
        Additionaly, alternates is now an option, not a  variable.
        This means that you should change:

        set alternates="foo|bar"

        into

        alternates "foo|bar"

        in your .muttrc file. See muttrc(5) for details.

I have made the `alternates' change; but, I have done nothing to `lists'
nor `subscribe', because it appears to work as-is, and I am not clear
that it may be that requires change.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,