Re: Usage: set variable=yes|no ???

* Adeodato Simó <asp16@xxxxxxxxx> [2004:08:18:05:49:55+0200] scribed:
> [I *really* need to get some sleep. The list admin will be delighted to
> see a copy of this mail sent to the list by a non-suscriber called
> "Adeodato Simó <yes|no>". David already answered, but I'm resending to
> teach everybody the nasty effects of not sleeping.]

Sorry, I don't get it ;<

> * Michael D Schleif [Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:12:12 -0500]:
>
> > The easiest way to replicate this on demand is to type `m' to compose,
> > enter the To: and Subject: information, and press [Enter], then the
> > following message appears in the bottom status line:
>
> >     Usage: set variable=yes|no
>
> > Very briefly.  Then, it disappears when the editor presents the compose
> > screen, where I am at now.  My problem is, I *do not* understand _which_
> > variable it is complaining about!  How can I determine this?
>
> > Is that clearer?
>
>   yes, thanks. there is probably a bogus 'set' command in your ~/.muttrc
>   (perhaps in a send-hook?).
>
>   kind of: set use_from=nope, and then mutt shows that error ("Usage:
>   set variable=yes|no").
>
>   look for it in your ~/.muttrc and, if you can't find it, send it or
>   something.

I have examined all send-hook's that include `set' commands.  I thought
that, perhaps, quotes were required around the send-hook/signature
lines; but, that makes no difference.

I have also looked at all `set ' lines, excluding those that contain
either `=no' or `=yes', assuming that one of these now is boolean as
opposed to accepting other data.

    <http://www.helices.org/tmP/muttrc>

Remember, I haven't modified this ~/.muttrc in many weeks.  It was
working, or -- at least -- not spewing any errors, until I went through
a massive Debian upgrade, that included mutt going from v1.5.5 to
v1.5.6.

Any pointers are welcome.

What do you think?

--